Think you’re not good enough?
Still think you’re not good enough, or that golf just isn’t for you? think again!
De-bunking the Myths—and Getting to the Realities of Playing Golf
If you’re one of the scores of women who think one or several of the below:
- “I’m not good enough to play golf for business”
- “All the men will be better than me”
- “I don’t want to embarrass myself”
- “I don’t have enough time to fit golf into my busy life”
Then give us a few moments to give you some realities that may change your mind:
- Most golfers, regardless of gender, are average golfers at best. So if you think those guys who go to business outings are so good, think again.
- You don’t have to be a great golfer to participate in golf business outings. You only have to be “good enough”. And it takes weeks or months, not years, to get to that level.
- Once you get to that level, then you are ready to play golf for business or anything else—forever. So you don’t have to take a lot of time out of your busy schedule to learn—and you just need to show up at the important outings—the ones your bosses will be happy you attend.
- If you’re having trouble getting invited, you MUST let everyone know you’re a golfer. Say “yes” any time someone asks if you play. Put a picture in your office so all your colleagues will know you’re a golfer, so you don’t get left out.
Net net: it doesn’t matter that you play well, only that you get in the game!